Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
- You will start on the service desk learning fast and dealing with clients straight away (but with a great team around you)
- Your own buddy (day to day issues) and your own personal mentor (to watch over you and support your personal development)
- The other crucial aspect of what we offer is a professional level of customer service, so not only do you need to be smart but also have great communication skills
- By the end of the first 18 months you will be completely up to speed on most of the latest technologies for business IT
- You will have worked as part of a project team
- You may have even led a project
- You will have joined several account managers out on site, diagnosed the client's needs and jointly proposed the right tech solution for their business
Then you can formulate what you really want to do with your IT career; it could be face to face support on-site with clients or project management, Network Engineer or VOIP.
Requirements and prospects
- Above all, you must simply have a passion for IT,tinkering, solving IT issues. You don't need to have developed software, but you do need a basic understanding of how IT works
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through
- Great communication skills
- We do not require Computer Science at A-Level,we just need the passion for IT
- Evidence of working with customers and in a team
- 96 UCAS Tariff points (3xC at A level or equivalent) preferably in maths or technical subjects
- 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above to include English and maths (or equivalent)
The beauty of working for Bridge is that you will be exposed to all aspects of IT infrastructure across many business sectors, but surrounded by a team of experts. Therefore, you can find out which aspect of IT infrastructure rocks your boat and we will find you the right place in the team to really shine. We are growing steadily so there are always opportunities.
Things to consider
If you have a keen interest in IT and want to help other people with their IT problems, then we can offer you the best place (probably) to work in Cambridge. Bridge Partners and Bridge Fibre is a small business that is agile and flexible where you can make a big impact.
What's in it for you?
- Work in a team of other friendly, intelligent people
- Great team support to help you learn quickly
- Work with an exciting, interesting client base using cutting edge technology
- The opportunity to progress into any area of the business - we have some diverse IT work going on, so you can find your niche
- Regular progress reviews and support
- Share in the profits and Bupa Diagnostics
- Pension scheme, 25 days annual leave increasing with service
- On the edge of Cambridge with free parking or a walk from Cambridge North station and the Guided Busway
- Free coffee, drinks, fruit and snacks (occasionally cake)