Software Developer Apprentice
- Create & Maintain software to support the requirements of the business
- Ensure software is performant and resilient
- Follow company standards, policies and procedures
- Analysis of requirements for software systems
- Work with the team to find solutions to business requirements
- The company is located within Southampton Docks. There is a company provided free bus service between the business unit and Southampton Central train Station every weekday.
- A driving license is not specifically needed for this role, but would be advantageous.
- In year 2 you will complete a Level 4 Software Technician Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good System Analysis skills
- Ability to write good quality code
- Knowledge of databases and how to use them programmatically
- Knowledge of Source Control Systems
- Knowledge of Web or UI Design
- Knowledge of Web Services / Web API
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team and with end users
- Ability to organize and prioritise personal work load
- A desire to keep abreast of with view to use in business
- Ability and desire to learn and progress
- English GCSE C+ (4+) or equivalent
- maths GCSE C+ (4+) or equivalent
- A Levels - maths / English / Computing, or a level 3 apprenticeship
- Progression to Developer, Senior Developer, Lead Developer
Things to consider
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
- 25 days paid holiday and 8 statutory days holiday
- Free on-site car parking
- Staff canteen