Apprentice Cyber Security Technologist.
Weekly wage £250.00
Working week Monday-Friday Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 18 months Possible start date 08 Oct 2017 Date posted 03 Aug 2017 Distance 211.8 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001278254 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems including Roles and Features such as Active Directory, Exchange and DNS.
- Working knowledge of the Unix/ Linux operating system, must be able to install and troubleshoot issues such as those with networking or configuration.
- Understanding of networking and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technology such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- You have a technical brain and the ability to explain things to those who don't.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask “how we can, not why we can't”.
- You have a great sense of humour.
- You pay good attention to detail.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic about technology.
- You have good verbal communication skills.
- You have good written communication skills.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You like to win.
- You don't need loads of professional experience in IT.
- However, you'll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and IT / Science.