Commissioning (Associate project manager) Apprentice
- You will work alongside people and their carers to understand what matters to them, engage with people working in communities and providers of care and support to develop new solutions that will enable us to support more people to live independently
- You will have the opportunity to learn about commissioning and how to manage projects and will be supported throughout your apprenticeship so you can begin your career with confidence
- You will be supported through a Level 4 Associate Project Manager apprenticeship with Richard Huish College
Course information can be found here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/associate-project-manager/
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a positive difference to people's lives.
- Strong organisational skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise workload
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Ability to use initiative
You will need to be:
- Willing to learn
- Creative and innovative
- Determined to follow things through
You will have a good standard of education including English and maths A*-C (9-4) or equivalent.
We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. There will be an opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate.
Things to consider
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset.We have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.