Marketing & Fundraising Assistant
Summary of Job
The International Centre for Birds of Prey is at a key stage in its development.
It is the oldest dedicated bird of prey centre in the world and acquired charitable status two years ago. The Centre celebrates its 50th Anniversary this year and wishes to maximise the opportunities this creates to provide a sustainable and growing business for the future.
The Marketing & Fundraising Assistant will play a significant role in increasing visitor numbers, Membership, Experience Days and other events through increased awareness of the Centre and will be responsible for organising, developing and implementing agreed Marketing and Fundraising strategies for ICBP.
- Conduct market research and analyse visitor-rating surveys.
- Employ marketing techniques to gather data on media, social media, web statistics
- Organise promotional events and campaigns and ensure their success.
- Compose and post online content on social media and the web.
- Research and write perfect copy for marketing literature (brochures, press releases, leaflets etc) to attract visitors.
- Respond to requests for speakers for community groups or companies by allocating the appropriate member of staff/volunteer speaker
- Ensure a steady flow of interesting and suitable fundraising stories for press releases
- Manage the press cuttings service and photo library
- Work up design briefs and manage design and print work, ensuring the ICBP brand is applied and upheld.
- Contribute to the development of ICBP’s overall Fundraising and Marketing Strategy working with the Director and Fundraising Consultant.
- Communicate to supporters and promote awareness of the Centre and its ongoing need for funding.
- Maintain and update the database of visitors, supporters, and donors
- Provide administration and marketing support for fundraising events
- Participate in internal meetings and attend training events as necessary
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Director.
5 GCSEs Grade C and above including English and Mathematics or equivalent
Excellent IT skills including: Microsoft and social media packages
Excellent communication skills
Outstanding interpersonal skills
Good telephone skills
Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
Proven ability to listen, understand and adjust plans to meet needs of others as appropriate
Self motivated and able to work as part of a small team
Ability to work with diverse groups of people
Experience of using a database to store and update information
Flexible approach to working, including on occasion working evenings and weekends
Full driving licence and use of a car
Degree or equivalent in marketing or fundraising
Confidence and proven ability to deal with the press and public
Proven experience of using social media for marketing or fund raising
Proven experience of telephone sales / marketing / fundraising
Experience of managing projects and working to deadlines
Passion for conservation and wildlife
Closing Date: 26 August 2017
Interview Date: 4 September 2017
Apply for Marketing & Fundraising Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly