Software Engineer Degree Apprentice
Mecmesin are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic degree apprentice to work in our Software Engineering Department. The person we are seeking will have a genuine passion for learning how to design, develop and deliver quality software for real time systems.
It is essential that applicants are:
- Interested in designing user interface based software
- Keen to learn programming using C#, and .NET using Visual Studio, Git and GitHub.
- A good communicator
- Wanting to be part of an efficient team
Main Purpose of the job:
- To assist in the maintenance and development of software for Mecmesin Products
- To attend Chichester University as required for timetabled teaching sessions.
- To keep up to date with university modules and exam timetables studying the required elements in a timely manner.
- To completing set tasks and projects within agreed deadlines.
- To liaise with other staff across the business including sales/marketing, engineering and production, as necessary.
- Any other duties appropriate for the scope of this role as required.
This is a good opportunity for someone to join a growing company to make a difference and have a career.
Mecmesin Ltd is a growing manufacturing success story, building a reputation over the last 40 years as a provider of quality British metrology products. We are committed to developing all software and hardware in-house and we are currently undergoing an ongoing phase of development, which requires a strengthening of our software development team for the long term progression of the company.
Mecmesin is an equal opportunity company who genuinely cares about each member of staff and their needs. Some of your staff benefits include:
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Flexi Time
We also have a calendar packed with social activities and gatherings which include a Summer BBQ, and Christmas Parties. We organise at least 2 fundraising events each year to support charities voted for by our employees.
- Organised approach to work
- Attention to details in terms of software design and UI design.
- Able to complete projects from initial concept thorough design to finished quality product.
- Passion for learning software to the highest standard.
- Interest in programming C#,.NET
- Team player
- Confident manner
- Good communication e.g. Able to build relationships with suppliers / customers / staff
- Clear logical thinker
- Organised and efficient Communication skills - multi level capability - shop floor to senior management.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Level 3 qualifications (A-Level/ Btec or equivalent) including IT
- GCSE or equivalent in English and maths
An opportunity for the Degree Apprenticeship to become a full time job at the end of the training.
Things to consider
Must have own transport to be able to attend work as Mecmesin on limited public transport routes (bus every hour)