Quality Control Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate)
Tarkett is a worldwide leader in the flooring industry.
Tarkett is committed to offering the ultimate customer experience, designing flooring and sports surface solutions for the well-being of people and respecting the environment. Serving a wide range of segments with a breadth of products, they are dedicated to delivering excellence and generating value in innovation and sustainable ways.
19 minute walk from Lenham train station.
26 minute walk from Harrietsham train station.
4 minute walk from Dickley Wood bus stop (routes 10X and T11)
Working with a supportive team, the Apprentice will assist the Quality Control Department by undertaking routine tasks including; testing, reporting and inspection activities, to enable the production process to meet the required quality criteria for the products being manufactured.
This role will include involvement in all areas of Quality Control as the Apprentice develops their understanding, including New Product Development and trialling production runs. The Apprentice will be able to develop their role as their understanding and knowledge progresses through mentoring and on the job training.
- Support the Quality Department by undertaking routine testing of products, recording and reporting of results, summarising outcomes and highlighting non-conformity.
- Ensure that products are tested to the correct and relevant manufacturing standards.
- Ensure that collected data is input into company databases, analysed and trends reported.
- Assist with production trials, with the recording of data and the testing of products.
- Ensure that line process parameters are audited and deviations reported.
- Assist with the resolution of production issues affecting product quality, using World Class Manufacturing principals and tools to identify root cause, and propose sustainable counter measures.
- Assist with external audits for Quality Marks, CE marks and other external accreditations.
- Undertake internal audits as requested by the Quality Manager
- Liaise closely with the Quality Department to assist in providing product information in the resolution of customer complaints.
- Cut, prepare and send product samples as required to other Tarkett sites/locations worldwide.
- Conduct and support experiments and product testing as directed.
- Report findings from experimental work and contribute to discussions on their significance.
- Participate in and support trials on the production line under the direction of Quality Control team members.
Salary range £15K – £18K per annum
Monday to Thursday 08:45-17:00
with 30 mins unpaid for lunch
Friday 08:45 – 15:45
with 30 mins unpaid for lunch
(37.5 hours paid per week)
- Problem solving and assessment.
- Decision making.
- Information gathering and monitoring.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Planning, organising and performing all related administration duties.
- Results orientation.
- Work and time management.
- Team Work and collaboration
- Good communication skills.
- Self-starter, with the ability and confidence to work on their own once they have been given the required training.
- Initiative and drive
- Own transport preferred due to location
Level 4 -9/A-D GCSE grades (or equivalent) in English and Maths
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.