Apprentice Technical Accounting Department Administrator (Level 2/Intermediate)
Swiss Re is a reinsurance company based in Zurich, Switzerland. It is the second largest reinsurer in the world and operates through offices in more than 25 countries. The Swiss Re Group consists of three business units; Reinsurance, Corporate Solutions and Life Capital. We are based in modern offices in central Folkestone
To join a large and developing team that offers equal opportunities to all to develop and drive their own career within an excellent organization. You will be part of a team 10 people (but a department of over 60) where we deliver accurate and timely financials and data to our partners.
- To create accurate accounting records by processing client data in accordance with agreed service standards.
- To control the quality of the data received and to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with partners and clients.
- To run and organise own work effectively with support of line manager, to ensure that the agreed priorities, deadlines and service standards are achieved.
- To ensure correct procedures and controls are followed, including documentation and audit trails of information.
- To flag issues relating to accounting data information, allowing corrective action to be taken.
- Keen to undertake the necessary training to be competent with the job but with one eye on future progression.
- To maintain existing procedure notes for your accounts.
- Receiving and validating premium and claims account submissions and inputting financials in an accurate and timely manner
- To maintain internal and external client relationships.
- To provide a comprehensive quality service through continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of administration process.
£5.90 per Hour
(£894.83 Per Month)
(£10,738 Per Annum)
Monday to Friday
9am – 5pm (including 1 hour lunch break)
7 hours a day (35 hours a week)
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to learn and navigate in-house built system.
- Strong motivation to learn about (re)insurance and contracts issues.
- Strong analytical skills, a fast learner with a can-do attitude.
- Accurate and numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of KPI’s/Metrics and the importance of these to drive the business forwards.
- A team-player, with willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment.
- Ability to express him-/herself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups.
- Overall strong communicator.
Level 4-9/Grade A-C GCSE Maths and English or equivalent Level 2 Qualification
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.