Apprentice Candidate Researcher
AJ Chambers is a specialist Accountancy Practice recruitment consultancy who recruit on behalf of their clients, which vary from small and owner-managed firms (chartered and certified practices) of accountants, right through to the Top 4 audit and advisory firms. We specialise in recruiting for Top 20 and independent practices in Central London, the Home Counties and Nationally.
Reporting into one of the Recruitment Managers and the Lead Researcher, the Researcher will assist in delivering high volume and high quality recruitment services for our Essex, Cambridgeshire and East Anglia team.
You will work closely with world class candidates and offer a personalised service to ensure we retain the top talent in the industry and provide a well-established pool of high calibre qualified and part-qualified candidates for the Recruitment Managers to engage with. Whilst experience would be great, above all, we want someone with the right attitude and a pro-active approach to this role to grow it as they see fit. You will also:
- Understand job requirements and look to research then map where those roles exist in other organisations, both in direct and indirect competitors
- Identify and engage with future candidates to ensure a pipeline for regularly recruited for roles using LinkedIn
- Keeping all LinkedIn projects updated with candidates’ status and adding new suitable profiles to them
- Feeding the Recruitment Managers with regular high quality candidates
- Keeping on top of and sharing industry news, especially of direct competitors and clients
- Liaising with Recruitment Managers and the candidates to arrange interview times
- Uploading / Advertising key roles and finding new places to advertise
- Amending candidate CV’s to AJ Chambers standard
- Develop a deep understanding of the field you work across
About the employer
AJ Chambers has established itself as the UK’s leading dedicated Public Practice employment consultancy. They have achieved this by completely understanding their market space in every way. From BIG 4, mid-tier, through to boutiques they have relationships with nearly every firm in their core operating markets.
They continue to develop their UK wide reach. Their key focus is on their own recruitment and structure. AJ Chambers can boast over 100 years of recruitment experience just from their Directors, which means they offer an unrivalled level of advice to all their customers.
Bradley House Ground Floor
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (1 hour lunch)
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to organise and present effectively
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build good working relationships across the recruitment team
- Interest in research and curiosity to find new ways of approaching and solving challenges
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Emotional intelligence
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach to their work, you may not sit in the same place, work with the same people or on the same thing from one day to the next due to the varied nature of our business
- A curious and inquisitive mind – always look at things from different angles and ask why?
- A commitment to and understanding of the importance of equality and diversity within the environment that AJ Chambers operates
- Strong partnership/relationship management skills
- Positive attitude
- This position needs a high level of personal presentation. They will be an ambassador for the brand and need to reflect the brand image.
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English (desired but not essential)
- If you do not have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 in Maths and English, we will support you to achieve equivalent to these grades through functional skills
- A J Chambers are looking for a motivated apprentice to progress in the company
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company for the right candidate
Things to consider
- The weekly hours of work are flexible, therefore, can vary between 8am and 6pm but will be 40 hours per week.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Recruitment Resourcing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
This apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace.
The apprentice will have regular contact from their training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the apprenticeship programme.