Apprentice Independent Living Scheme Manager - Housing

5 days left

Recruiter
Anonymous
Location
Lancashire
Salary
9.00 - 9.00 GBP Annual + GBP9/annum
Posted
24 May 2019
Closes
21 Jun 2019
Start Date
Immediate
Duration
Permanent
Apprentice Independent Living Scheme Manager - Housing
Rochdale - with regular travel to other premises across the Borough
GBP9 per hour
Two-year contract
36?? hours per week

An apprenticeship with this Company is much more than just a job. You'll be at the heart of the local community, proud to help to make Rochdale a great place to live and work.

As their Apprentice Independent Living Scheme Manager, you'll get the support and mentoring that you need to build your career, develop your skills and flourish in your role. You'll have time out to study for a nationally recognised qualification, and you'll have access to their wide range of employee benefits. Our client s an accredited Living Wage employer, so you'll also be paid the real living wage rate (currently GBP9 per hour) throughout your apprenticeship!

Their independent living schemes are a key part of their commitment to making Rochdale a great place to grow older. Their schemes are ideal for people aged 60 or over who can manage in their own home but who may need a little help to stay independent.

With training and support, you'll learn to assist their tenants to continue to live independent and healthy lives, responding to their needs, co-ordinating support, and making interventions where needed. You'll spend around 80% of your time working directly with their scheme tenants, with the remaining 20% based in their offices.

You'll be able to build rapport and trust with their tenants, helping to ensure that they receive the exceptional service that they expect and deserve.

To be eligible for the qualification, you'll need a minimum of GCSE 3/Level Functional Skills in Maths and English (or equivalent) or show that you are working at this level. You will have experience of providing support to older or vulnerable people with some knowledge of the factors impacting upon older people's wellbeing. You will have an awareness of local care services and the housing options available to older residents. You'll be effective at building relationships with customers and partners and be able to deliver services to the public on a face-to-face basis.

Whatever your background, if you're looking for an exciting and challenging apprenticeship opportunity, theyd love to hear from you!

Our client is an inclusive employer and all applications will be considered for employment regardless of background. They especially welcome applicants living in their neighbourhoods and male applicants who are underrepresented within this area of their service. They guarantee an interview to Rochdale borough residents who meet the specified criteria.

The closing date for applications is 5.00 pm on Friday 7 June 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre on Friday 14 June 2019. Interviews will be held between 1 - 5 July 2019

Similar jobs

Similar jobs