Apprentice Production Assistant
7 days left
Print junction is a commercial print and specialist workwear company.
This is a full time position based at our Ashford premises in the print production and finishing department.
Based in our print production and finishing department:
- training and operation of all equipment including digital press, guillotine, creasing & folding machine, paper drill, vinyl plotter, vinyl printer, embroidery machine and vinyl heat press
- working as part of a small and friendly team producing printed products and workwear to excellent standards
- Inclusion in the “Mindfit” training process
- Communication with team members through specialist industry software products
- Face to face with internal customers on a continual basis
- Diary Management
- Speaking to customers and suppliers on a daily basis
- Providing a professional customer experience
- Sending emails to customers to inform when products are ready and arranging delivery
£167.70 per week
Monday 7am – 5pm
Tuesday – Friday 8am – 5pm
45 min lunch break (unpaid)
- Good basic Maths / English & IT skills
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- A genuine interest in print & graphics
- A good attitude to work and a sense of humour
GCSE Grade A* – C/4-9 Maths and English
GCSE Grade A* – D/4-9 IT or equivalent
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.