Hurren and Hope is a technical recruitment consultancy founded on ethics, sector knowledge and a keen sense of what is right and wrong with the recruitment sector. With almost 30 years of combined experience across their team, they believe successful placements start with the people involved not with the fee. They work hard in forging deep relationships which are founded on mutual respect, integrity and expertise, not sales patter and egos.
They are now looking to add to their team based in Ipswich and are looking for ambitious individuals who are interested in pursuing a challenging and rewarding career in the world of Recruitment. There has never been a better time to join the technology market space and Hurren and Hope has made great in roads in to becoming the de facto name in the local area. To continue their efforts they are seeking bright, passionate and hardworking individuals who have a genuine interest in people and are committed to offering a consultative and valued service.
They are in the search for motivated individuals to join their research team which is an integral part of their business and maintains the foundation upon which all of their business is based. Candidates will be joining a team which supports increasing their market presence, fundamentally being the face and voice of their business to the candidate market. Utilising some of the most advanced tools in the sector, the time-tested telephone and your own outside-the-box thinking, you will be tasked with communicating with the best talent in the sector, providing an unparalleled candidate service and the best opportunities in the marketplace. Above all, you will be a brand ambassador tasked with ensuring maximum reach of their message and that their name continues to be synonymous with the core values they were built on.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Liaising with candidates
- Making/receiving inbound calls from candidates
- Assisting and liaising with other staff members
- Providing a smooth and effective candidate experience
- Using various methods of communication to reach candidates
- Acting as a brand ambassador for the business
The world of recruitment is tough with every day presenting new challenges. They work with people for a living which can be one of the most rewarding work environments but equally most challenging. Your working week will be spent deflecting banter from your colleagues and hopefully giving as good as you get while also approaching the best talent in the area as an ambassador on behalf of some of the leading employers in the region and UK.
About the employer
Hurren & Hope is a different take on the typical recruitment model with ethics and sector knowledge central to it's approach rather than sales targets. We consult on talent management strategy with organisations providing advice for staff retention, future resourcing and introductions to talented IT professionals. We are able to offer Contract and Permanent recruitment solutions within the following areas:
- Business Analysts, Project Managers and Service Managers
- Technical Sales, Account management and Pre-Sales
- Technical Architects, Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects
- Software Developers and Designers
- Business Intelligence Architects, Developers and Consultants
- Support Analysts (Application and Infrastructure)
- Database Architects, Administrators and Developers
- Software Testers and Test Managers Contract Professionals
We offer access to some of the best IT professionals in the market place across the broad IT spectrum, we have been tasked with sourcing some of the most niche skills in the industry and relish the challenge. Along with fully compliant talented professionals we offer straight forward online timesheet processing through a joint Contractor/Client portal for authorisation of hours so no more scanning or faxing signed timesheets! We also have the benefit of up to date legal advice to ensure we stay abreast of changing legislation. The quality of our offering also enables us to work in international markets.
Epsilon Terrace, West Road
- Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong work ethic with previous work experience- any experience of prior sales experience would be a great addition
- Ability to use own initiative to complete tasks whilst not being afraid to ask for help when needed
- Creative thinker
- Good sense of humour
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English (strongly desired but not essential).
- If you do not have GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 in Maths and English, we will support you to achieve equivalent to these grades through functional skills.
- Fantastic opportunities available within the company- Hurren & Hope are looking for a motivated apprentice to progress and reach their full potential.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company for the right candidate.
Things to consider and benefits
In return for your hard work you can expect formal training from leading names within the Recruitment Sector, duvet days, corporate outings, prizes, a healthy holiday allowance and a transparent payment structure that rewards hard work and offers the opportunity to earn a great salary while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Recruitment Resourcing
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
This apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace.
The apprentice will have regular contact from their training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the apprenticeship programme.