Apprentice Project Manager Understudy
2 days left
- 12-18 months
As an Apprentice Project Manager Understudy, your main purpose will be to work under the commercial project managers and estimators within the mechanical, plumbing and heating areas.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing relationships with main contractor estimators
- Creating estimates within our system and working with estimators to develop from enquiry to fully compliant tender bids including gaining information, prices etc.
- Learning day to day process of projects within mechanical engineering industry with a view of becoming a project manager
- Learning to value engineer projects using alternative products on the market
- Working to develop new and existing customer relationships
- Working to develop new and existing supplier relationships
- Working with the project managers to place orders with purchase managers
- Raising purchase orders
- Chasing materials
- Handling day to day phone calls and taking enquiries and messages
- Take offs on large scale drawings
The role can be expanded into whatever the candidate is best suited to, we are a fast growing company with constant opportunities opening up and think it would be a fantastic place for some of the more keen and willing younger generation to really start a good career with a very good bunch of people. There is opportunity to progress into other departments such as:
- Project management
- Cad Technician
About the employer
EPPH provides a comprehensive mechanical contracting service to a wide range of sectors, undertaking domestic, commercial and industrial mechanical works with a strong emphasis on customer service.
EPPH prides itself in the high quality and personable service that its team offers. We work hard to ensure our customers are completely satisfied and our engineers’ high levels of expertise and professionalism combine to offer a top notch service.
We are a company that believes in the benefits of investing in the future. Renewable energy products can, over time, help reduce your expense as well as your carbon footprint, and that is why we work hard to install these systems throughout Suffolk.
- Monday - Friday 9am-5pm (30 minutes lunch)
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- IT Literate- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office Software and packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Motivated to learn
- It would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold GCSE, or equivalents, grades (A*-C) / (9-4) in English and Maths.
- However, if these have not been achieved, Key Training will provide support and upskill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company for the right candidate.
- Opportunity to progress onto the Business Administration Level 3 Programme.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
This apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace.
The apprentice will have regular contact from their training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the apprenticeship programme.
Business and Administration
Apply for Apprentice Project Manager Understudy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly