Apprentice Personal Lines Customer Adviser/Administrator
Eley Insurance Services Limited based in Stanway, Colchester are currently recruiting for a Personal Lines Insurance Advisor/Administrator to join their expanding team. You will be processing Personal Lines Insurance Policies and dealing with all enquiries relating to general administration, sales, claims, mid-term adjustments & renewals. We are seeking career driven individuals who are looking for progression and a future within a professional and expanding company.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Helping clients through the process of obtaining personal lines insurance i.e. private car, home & travel.
- To carry out office administration and client service duties as required.
- Provide quotations to clients in writing, on the telephone, by email using the Company's computer systems.
- Resolve client problems and handle mid-term adjustments as required.
- Learn and understand the Transactor software and database in order to input data; produce renewal invitations and certificates of insurance.
- Learn and understand the Renewals process.
- Learn and in future be able to deputise for a Claims Administrator as necessary.
- Learn and progressively sell new products as required; cross sell additional insurance products to existing clients.
- To work within FCA rules and guidelines and follow the company's compliance procedures.
- Work towards meeting individual targets.
- Helping the team to meet the team targets.
About the employer
Eley Insurance specialize in providing their clients with independent, professional insurance advice and tailoring competitive policies to suit their clients needs now, and in the future. Although Eley Insurance has been established since 1965, they have a very forward-thinking attitude to insurance broking but still retain the traditional values.
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (1 hour lunch break)
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Fantastic Telephone manner and communication skills
- I.T Literate mainly focusing on Microsoft Word & Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail
- Numeracy skills
- It would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold GCSE, or equivalents, grades (A*-C) / (9-4) in English and Maths.
- However, if these have not been achieved, Key Training will provide support and up skill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company for the right candidate.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Customer Service
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
- Successful candidate will also be put through relevant insurance courses
This Apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace.
The apprentice will have regular contact from their training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the apprenticeship programme.
Customer service practitioner