Business Administration Apprentice
5 days left
Centrally located in the Thames Gateway, Gravesham Borough Council provides a range of services to over 105,000 people and 3,000 businesses.
The Borough of Gravesham, situated in the north west corner of Kent, covers 25,000 acres of the most varied countryside in south east England.
Bordered by the River Thames to the north, it is at the heart of Thames Gateway and has a significant role to play in the regeneration of a major government growth area.
Gravesham Borough Council is committed to delivering to the community and working with us means you are part of delivering the level of growth and improvement our community needs and deserves.
Responsible to the Waste & Recycling Officer you will support the team in various administration tasks relating to Waste Management.
Tasks will include include:
- To provide a range of administrative duties, to support the day to day operations and development of the Waste Management department.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, suppliers, and other staff.
- To deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with the council’s policies and procedures.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- To organise meetings and events, ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made.
- To research, prepare, print, photocopy and distribute documents
- To undertake any other administration job related tasks as required
- To be a part of corporate initiatives as required.
£144.30 per week
37 hours per week
Working Monday – Friday
Ability to carry out basic office skills
Good IT Skills
Experience of using Microsoft Office
Ability to follow set procedures and routines.
GCSE Grades in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the NVQ Business Administration, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.