Business Services Apprentice
We’re looking for an Apprentice to join our friendly Business Services team. You’ll assist the Business Services team in delivering a high-quality facilities management operation, with a particular focus on conference/meeting room set up and supporting the provision of office services.
Our Apprenticeship is designed to provide you with the necessary skills and experience to build your career in Facilities Services. The level 2 qualification is for those who are new to the facilities profession, or who have identified facilities services as a career of choice and wish to have a qualification to aid them in starting their career. You’ll also gain lots of great transferable skills to set you up for your future career like customer service, organisation and time management.
This will be a 12 month contract paying London Living Wage.
· Support the process for the provision of rooms and equipment (including printed material) for conferences, meetings and room bookings for external customers.
· Support the Business Services team in meeting room set up and breakdown activities.
· Act as a key point of contact to support ABI staff with the effective use of AV equipment in meeting rooms in conjunction with other members of the Business Services team.
· Ensure jobs logged through the Business Services Helpdesk are carried out promptly in conjunction with the wider Business Services team.
· Take ownership for monitoring stock control of various items, including but not limited to, printer paper, tea and coffee, envelopes, other stationery items etc.
· Provide support to events activity as required including guiding attendees from One America Square reception to the 8th floor.
· Monitor activity in relation to the ABI tidy desk policy, taking appropriate actions and flagging issues to the Head of Business & IT Services as required.
· Undertake the daily post management activities.
· Provide secondary cover to the ABI reception as required.
· Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required by the ABI.
Where can this role take you?
This apprenticeship will equip you with the qualification you need to start your career in Facilities.
With a collaborative environment, the fantastic exposure you have to the insurance industry and the knowledge and experience you’ll build, the ABI is a great place to build your career.
What training and benefits are offered?
On your first day you’ll be met by our HR team for a full company induction. You’ll then have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus one to ones with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on the CII Introduction to Insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host various Staff Learning Events throughout the year and you will be able to attend relevant ABI and industry events.
Additional training will be tailored to your own personal needs and aspirations and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.
More detail on our company benefits can be found here.
We’re looking for:
In your application, we’ll be looking for your interest in the ABI and learning about facilities management.
You don’t need any prior experience, but we’ll likely assess you on your potential to:
· Communicate effectively with people at all levels.
· Show enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards your work.
· Carry forward work on your own initiative with limited guidance.
· Problem solve and use your initiative to organise self to complete activities.
· Work constructively as a member of a small team, or with colleagues in other ABI teams, building and maintaining effective relationships and networks.
· Show confidence and diplomacy.
· Be flexible and proactive.
· Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Please note you will need Ideally a minimum of level 2 Maths and English. However, apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
The deadline for applications will be 23:59 on 5th June 2019.
Please note that as part of your application, we may ask questions regarding your background to support our commitment to maintaining diversity and inclusion in our workforce. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce in encouraging equality and diversity. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and the information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. Access is limited to only relevant and necessary staff members.
You can find out how we use your personal information by reading our candidate Privacy Notice.: https://www.abi.org.uk/about-the-abi/careers/abi-candidate-privacy-notice/
The ABI is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation. The UK insurance industry is the largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world.
It is an essential part of the UK’s economic strength, managing investments of over £1.8 trillion and paying nearly £12bn in taxes to the Government. It employs around 300,000 individuals, of which around a third are employed directly by providers with the remainder in auxiliary services such as broking.