5 days left
- 12-18 months
We’re looking for an Apprentice to join our busy Events team. We manager 40 – 50 events a year and you’ll assist the Assistant Director, Head of Member Relations, Partnerships and Events with all aspects of the ABI Events, alongside other members of the Events team.
Our Apprenticeship is designed to provide you with the necessary skills and experience to build your career in events management. The level 3 qualification is for those who are new to the events profession, or who have identified events services as a career of choice and wish to have a qualification to aid them in starting their career. You’ll also gain lots of great transferable skills to set you up for your future career like customer service, organisation and time management.
This will be an 18 month contract paying London Living Wage.
· Contributing to the planning, organisation and delivery of ABI events to ensure success and that all target objectives and timelines are met
· Supporting on logistics including catering, events technology and creative outputs including design (working with an external agency), events engagement tools, marketing.
· Contributing to continuous improvement of ABI events by proactively supporting key projects and initiatives as required, taking the lead for particular actions and workstreams as necessary
· Supporting the general administration of events whilst working collaboratively with colleagues in other departments
· Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including staff at all levels in member firms
· Taking ownership of keeping events on schedule
· Ensuring all reports/agendas/notes are provided to Assistant Director within the allocated schedule
· Researching, drafting or extracting reports for events project teams
· Seeking training on up and coming events outside
· Assisting with information required for event budgets
· Undertaking such other duties as may reasonably be required by the ABI.
Where can this role take you?
This apprenticeship will equip you with the qualification you need to help start your career in events management.
With a collaborative environment, the fantastic exposure you have to the insurance industry and the knowledge and experience you’ll build, the ABI is a great place to build your career.
What training and benefits are offered?
On your first day you’ll be met by our HR team for a full company induction. You’ll then have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus one to ones with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on the CII Introduction to Insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host various Staff Learning Events throughout the year and you will be able to attend relevant ABI and industry events.
Additional training will be tailored to your own personal needs and aspirations and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.
More detail on our company benefits can be found here.
We’re looking for:
In your application, we’ll be looking for your interest in the ABI and learning about events management.
You don’t need any prior experience, but we’ll likely assess you on your potential to:
· Communicate effectively with people at all levels.
· Show enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards your work.
· Carry forward work on your own initiative with limited guidance.
· Problem solve and use your initiative to organise self to complete activities.
· Work constructively as a member of a small team, or with colleagues in other ABI teams, building and maintaining effective relationships and networks.
· Show confidence and diplomacy.
· Be flexible and proactive.
· Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Please note you will need Ideally a minimum of level 2 Maths and English. However, apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 5th June 2019.
Please note that as part of your application, we may ask questions regarding your background to support our commitment to maintaining diversity and inclusion in our workforce. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce in encouraging equality and diversity. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and the information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. Access is limited to only relevant and necessary staff members.
You can find out how we use your personal information by reading our candidate Privacy Notice.: https://www.abi.org.uk/about-the-abi/careers/abi-candidate-privacy-notice/
The ABI is the voice of the UK’s world leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, we are an industry that provides peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK and powers the growth of local and regional economies by enabling trade, risk taking, investment and innovation. The UK insurance industry is the largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world.
It is an essential part of the UK’s economic strength, managing investments of over £1.8 trillion and paying nearly £12bn in taxes to the Government. It employs around 300,000 individuals, of which around a third are employed directly by providers with the remainder in auxiliary services such as broking.