Degree Level Apprentice - Software Development & Support
1 day left
Annual wage £10,000.00 - £14,000.00
Working week Full Time - 37.5 Hours a week - Monday to Friday (with 1 to 2 days per week for degree study) Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 4 years Possible start date 01 Sep 2017 Date posted 10 Aug 2017 Apprenticeship level Degree Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001294749 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The successful candidate would ideally have these, although we will train if necessary:
- Some experience in a technical role (work experience, summer job, etc.)
- Understanding of software support processes and tools.
- Understanding of software development processes and tools, including source code control.
- Understanding of Machine Learning / Cognitive Computing.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience of using computer software.
- A solid understanding of how to use email and social media.
- A basic understanding of software development
It is expected that the Apprentice - Software Development & Support will have the following qualities:
- IT literate with a good understanding of business technology.
- Energetic, committed and resilient.
- Team player.
- Strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Finds enjoyment and fulfilment in their work.
- Good organisational ability.
- Able to take instruction and deliver their commitments.
- Self-motivated wih good time-management and self-scheduling based on priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and courteous.
- Imaginative and creative.
- Relevant exam passes at GCSE English, Maths and Science / IT.
- A levels or a level 3 in a relevant subject