Leisure Team Member Apprentice
If you love sport and fitness, a Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship with GLL could be just the ticket for you. This apprenticeship will give you all the skills, qualifications and knowledge to start your career in leisure. Your training with GLL College will give you the qualifications to work as a Fitness Instructor, Lifeguard and Swimming Teacher, so at the end of the 18-month programme, you'll be able to take your career in a direction you love.
And what's more, we run BETTER Leisure Centres and Gyms right across the UK, so you'll be using your skills in a real leisure centre, allowing you to make industry contacts and gain confidence.
What's in it for you:
- All your qualifications paid for
- Regular support and mentoring
- Free uniform
- Competitive pay
- Discounted membership at our Better Leisure Centres
- Job interview on successful completion of your apprenticeship
- Real work experience with the UK's largest public leisure provider
- Passionate about sport and fitness
- Have GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English, grades 4-9 or equivalent level desirable
- Enjoy learning
- Want to make a positive difference to people's lives
If you've got what it takes, apply now.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.
GLL is the UK’s largest leisure and cultural services provider and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. Our aim is to get more people, more active, more of the time whilst making leisure and community facilities accessible and affordable. We partner with local authorities to run leisure centres, swimming pools, libraries, children’s centres, spas, events spaces and world-class sporting venues such as the Copper Box Arena and London Aquatics Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - all under our Better brand. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.