Apprentice Accounts Assistant with the Financial Ombudsman
Our financial accounting team makes sure we’re managing our accounting processes and reporting in line with the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) framework. They ensure we meet our statutory requirements and receive a clean bill of health when we’re audited by our internal and external auditors.
As an apprentice accounts assistant, you’ll support our central finance function including financial accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable. You’ll help manage our cash and investments and will work with other support areas as required. You will also participate in our internal and external audits.
You’ll play a key role in our month and year end processes, ensuring accounting entries are logged accurately and timely . You’ll help ensure our accounts show a true and fair picture of our activities by reconciling a number of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and also assist in credit control and weekly payment runs. We’ll be relying on your keen eye for detail to apply cash with precision, helping us maintain accurate accounting records and to make sure our employees abide by our finance policies.
You'll be accountable for:
- reconciling our balance sheet accounts and ensuring any errors are promptly
- investigated and corrected
- handling cash and ensuring cash collected is banked and paid over on a timely basis
- ensuring our suspense account is cleared down on a regular basis by working closely with the credit control and outreach teams
- assisting other teams within the central finance function
- building collaborative relationships with colleagues in the wider finance team and also key internal stakeholders across the organisation
- managing your workload to ensure that all deliverables are met on a timely basis, even during busy periods
- applying yourself to the apprenticeship programme, completing assignments in good time, attending all lectures and/or webinars and taking part in the end point assessment process
How your success will be measured:
- delivery of your objectives, which you’ll agree with your manager
- feedback from customers, colleagues and your manager
- the accuracy of the entries you’re making into our finance ledgers
- your ability to meet crucial deadlines at month and financial year end
- how you’ve lived our values and demonstrated the behaviours we expect of everyone every day
Salary £19,201 per annum