HR and Diversity Apprentice
Southbank Centre is the UK’s largest arts centre and one of the UK's top five visitor attractions, occupying a 17 acre site that sits in the midst of London’s most vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames. They are looking for a HR and DIversity Apprentice to join their HR Team.
The HR Apprentice will work across the organisation, supporting the HR Business Partners and the Diversity & Talent Development Manager to administer innovative talent development and diversity programmes alongside more generalist HR duties.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will cover:
Diversity and Inclusion
- To support embedding an organisation-wide diversity and inclusion strategy, project plan, supporting policies and innovative programmes that enable all employees to bring their best selves to the workplace.
- To support developing and integrating diversity and inclusion into all existing employment practices and processes including attraction, recruitment, development and retention
- To work with the HR team and line managers on innovative approaches to advertising vacancies focusing on Southbank Centre’s key strategic objective to increase the diversity of its workforce.
- To work with the HR team to investigate and develop new initiatives to create entry-level employment and learning opportunities for existing staff
- Supporting and coordinating Southbank Centre’s apprenticeship programme, being a first point of contact for apprentices, line managers, assessors and training providers throughout the duration of the programme.
- Working with the Creative Learning team to design and implement work experience programmes and events
- Working with HR colleagues to organise Southbank Centre’s attendance at job fairs and other employment-related events
- Overseeing requests for work placement opportunities and liaising with Universities and departments as required
- Managing the administration of talent initiatives including internal and external development programmes
- Supporting the administration of mentoring and coaching programmes
- Working to promote internal talent opportunities and development throughout the organisation
- To work with the HR Administrator to support the recruitment process as required
- To book rooms and equipment as required
- To support keeping all HR content online (website and intranet) up to date
- To work with HR systems on data entry and analysis