Employment Type: Full Time
Reference Number: OTIS-1681Position Description
Otis is now recruiting an Apprentice Lift Engineer based in Reading.
The Otis Apprenticeship Scheme is designed to provide committed individuals with the opportunity to develop their career with an industry leading, global organisation. As an Apprentice Engineer, you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on the job and classroom based learning to become a Qualified Lift or Escalator Engineer. Otis will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. Once you have qualified, you will be able to apply for a variety of roles within Otis.
- Enthusiastic Apprentices who are good communicators, excellent team players and have initiative.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C/ Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English
- A keen interest in Engineering/ Construction.
- A willingness to attend necessary training throughout the Apprenticeship at a specified college, as determined by the requirements of the programme.
- Although not vital, it is desirable that you hold a Level 2 qualification in any engineering discipline.
- Excellent salary and many other benefits.
- Apprentice events and awards ceremonies
- A culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciates our talent is the key to our success
Great brands have a great story. Ours is no different.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform lift, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held.
And in that moment, 165 years ago, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible. Since the New York World's Fair, we've dedicated ourselves to one thing: moving the world.
As cities reach impossible heights and the digital revolution transforms daily life, our customers are looking to us for new ways to keep their world moving. As always, we're ready with a bold vision of the future and the ground-breaking technology to make it happen.
Otis is one of the world's largest manufacturers and maintainers of people moving products, including lifts, escalators, shuttle systems and moving walkways. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.35 million lifts and escalators worldwide.
View Job Spec
Recommend this vacancy to a friend