PlayStation Digital and Technology Solutions Professional - Software Engineer
You will be a part of PlayStation’s Global Partner and Developer Relations (GPDR) engineering capability. Currently this comprises 22 engineering teams distributed across our US and EU engineering centres. You will be a member of one of our EU teams working to deliver global solutions that enable PlayStation Partners to publish games onto our platform.
Our GPDR solutions are cloud based and you will be exposed to a range of Amazon and other cloud technologies. You will be working with a talented mix of product managers, scrum masters, solution/cloud architects, cloud engineers, software engineers, test automation engineers to plan, build, deliver and manage products and solutions.
As a valued member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field and we will gladly sponsor certifications and training courses. You are passionate about technology and have a deep desire to collaborate, continuously improve and share best practices, it’s what makes you who you are!
Detailed responsibilities may include:
- Software development (in languages such as NodeJS, ReactJS, Java and Python depending on experience / interest)
- Software testing (TDD, Unit testing all via test automation using a variety of tools)
- Software deployment (thru use of automated build pipelines and Continuous Integration)
- Agile scrum
The successful candidate will be eager to learn new tools and techniques and have an interest in software engineering and how it can inform business strategy and performance.
Based in our London Soho offices, this exciting opportunity provides the framework to progress from an entry level position to a specialist role within the department.
We are looking for individuals who can change the game, with an aptitude to understand complexity, an ability to look for a simple solution and a desire to innovate to drive your team and the department forward.
- Software development (Python, Java or ReactJS, depending on their experience and interest)
- Software testing (BDD, TDD, Unit testing)
- Software configuration
- Software deployment
- Agile scrum
- An aptitude to understand complexity
- An ability to look for a simple solution
- Desire to innovate to drive your team and the department forward
- A self-driven, problem solving attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines without direct supervision
Whilst we may not be able to retain all Graduate Apprentices, we are keen to offer longer term employment upon completion of the degree. This can include international opportunities to our other regional headquarters in Japan, any territory offices over the world and our global HQ in San Mateo.
We also encourage internal movement throughout the company – within our Worldwide Studios, Business Intelligence and Research and Development.
Things to consider
PlayStation offers extra benefits to all employees: 25 days holiday + extra days off in the summer and Christmas, a café and bar, social events and launch parties, free games and Hackathons. We also offer healthcare and dental cover, pension and discounts across the Sony group.