Apprentice/Junior Building Services Engineer
Bristol based Apprentice/Junior positions in building services consultancy at Smith Consult Ltd.
Type of work – Computer based design, site surveys, visits and meetings, production of project documentation
Training – Office based and College/Uni
Hours - Full time position with day release courses
Package – £15k to £17k plus Pension
Holiday – 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
Future – Excellent prospects to grow with company. Share option scheme.
Our business is expanding and we have a great opportunity available for Apprentice/Junior Building Services Engineers to join our team and build a fantastic future for themselves and positively impact construction projects for future users. Ideally suited to those based in Southwest for on the job training at our offices in Clevedon, North Somerset and educational courses at Southwest based colleges/UWE.
Building Services, such as heating, air conditioning, power, lighting, water, fire protection, sustainability, security and communication systems, bring a building to life, enable businesses to function and allow people to conduct their lives each day. At Smith Consult, we design and manage the building services for all sorts of projects in schools, universities, hospitals, offices, public sector buildings, sports facilities and many more sites. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do and Engineers strive to produce effective and efficient designs to allow buildings to minimise impact on the environment.
For more information about the industry, visit https://www.cibse.org/building-services.
Applicants need to be:
- Well presented, enthusiastic, motivated, personable engineers
- Willing to integrate and help the team whilst studying on a day release placement
- Adept in Maths and English as well as sound in Science
- Learn ‘on the job’ at a level appropriate to experience. We are happy to consider applicants with no prior experience of the industry as well as those who already have some knowledge of building services.
- Attend educational courses appropriate to qualifications. HNC/HND and Degree courses are available at local higher education organisations with funding available.
- Work with 2D and 3D computer design packages such as Autocad, Revit, IES
- For all applicants, GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent.
- 1 relevant A-Level
- For those with a higher national certificate (HNC) or diploma (HND), a foundation in science or a foundation in FdSc or a foundation in engineering, please list the units taken.
Even if your qualifications are not an exact fit and you are interested in this opportunity, get in touch.
Not only will you gain “on the job” experience in a varied work environment with a competitive remuneration package, you will get Building Services Engineering qualifications and the opportunity to gain full employment with our company.
To get more details and an application form, please contact Melanie Smith at:
email@example.com Tel: (01934) 832445.
Address: Smith Consult Ltd, Unit D, St David’s Court, Windmill Road, Clevedon BS21 6UP
Apply for Apprentice/Junior Building Services Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly