Business Administration Apprentices (Regulatory Compliance and Housing Renewal) - 2 x posts
Business Administration Apprentices (Regulatory Compliance / Housing Renewal) - 2 x posts available
Salary - £12,579 per annum
Contract status - Fixed term contract for 18 months
Hours - Full-time, 36 hours per week (20% study time)
Apprenticeship framework/standard - Business and Administration Level 3 / Business Administrator Level 3
About our apprenticeship scheme
We are looking for hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship scheme. Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age and not in full-time education), we’re welcoming applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we can give you the opportunity to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
About the roles
We have two exciting apprenticeship opportunities within our Regulatory Services Team which is part of our Shared Environment Service between Kingston and Sutton Councils.
In these roles you will be responsible for helping to deliver an efficient, responsive and professional service to our customers, who include residents, businesses and other council teams.
Regulatory Compliance role
You will work within the Regulatory Compliance Team, to help provide a range of support to the Residential Team in Kingston and Sutton councils. The team administers grants for disabled adaptations and home repairs in the borough supporting the wellbeing of residents. They also carry out a range of enforcement activities including housing standards, noise nuisance and houses in multiple occupation licensing. We will give you the support and training to enable you to fully contribute to the team including processing housing grants, acting as first point of contact for referrals and service requests and contributing to the efficient operation of the team by providing administrative support for the range of activities undertaken. You will also be involved with projects focusing on business improvement by developing the use of technology and digital platforms and process improvement.
Housing Renewal role
In this role you will provide administrative support to contribute to improving the quality of services for disabled and vulnerable clients to ensure that their housing meets their assessed need and that they are able to live safely and as independently as possible in their own homes. We will give you the support and training to enable you to fully contribute to the team including processing housing grants and making payments, supporting officers to set up meetings and inspections with surveyors, residents and Occupational Therapists and the development opportunity to progress towards a case officer role where you would carry out site visits to complete application forms, coordinate and oversee grant works. You will also be involved with projects focusing on business improvement by developing the use of technology and digital platforms and process improvement,
Both roles will be primarily based in Sutton Council’s offices at Denmark Road in Carshalton, but as this is a shared service between Kingston and Sutton Councils there may be the occasional requirement to work in Kingston. For the Housing Renewal role there will be a more regular requirement to work in Kingston.
We’re looking for someone who is organised, with excellent communication skills, good IT skills, shows an attention to detail, and has enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn.
Please note, in order to qualify for apprenticeship funding and be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a GCSE level C/equivalent in Maths and English and be able to present original qualification certificates - if you do not hold these qualifications/certificates you must be committed to complete these via functional skills assessments as part of the apprenticeship.
- Only apply for an apprenticeship unrelated to any qualifications they hold at the same or higher level than the apprenticeship they wish to apply for. The apprenticeship being applied for must be unrelated in subject and content from the qualification already held.
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship.
- Have the right to work and study in England and be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right to abode in the UK and have been resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of your apprenticeship.
- A non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Our apprenticeships are offered on a minimum contract duration of 12 months (some are longer depending on the level of apprenticeship you undertake), offer 23 days paid annual leave, access to our staff benefits (including discounts at local shops, restaurants and attractions), and a minimum starting salary of:
- £9951 per annum for level 2 apprenticeships (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes)
- £12,579 per annum for level 3 apprenticeships (equivalent to 2 A Level passes)
- £15,207 per annum for level 4 apprenticeships (equivalent to a HNC/Foundation Degree)
In addition there are further discounts available to apprentices and more information can be found at the Apprentice Extra website and Apprenticeship Connect website.
We’re extremely proud of our apprenticeship scheme and the achievements of our apprentices, many of whom have secured permanent employment with the Council and continue to excel in their careers.
There has never been a better time to undertake an apprenticeship! To register your interest please apply online by submitting your current CV and a short supporting statement outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for these roles and our apprenticeship scheme.
Please ensure you refer to the job profiles when completing your supporting statement.
Regulatory Compliance Apprentice - please click here to view/download
Housing Renewal Apprentice - please click here to view/download
If you have a preference over which role you would be most interested in, please include details in your application.
More information about apprenticeships can be found on the National Apprenticeship website.
Closing date for applications - Sunday 7th July 2019
Interview date - To be confirmed
Kingston and Sutton Councils are Disability Confident Employers