Office Assistant Investment Apprentice
Want to start your career in a professional financial services company? We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual who’s keen to build a career within financial service. You don’t need any experience however you should have some core skills of good communication, a strong eye for detail and a flare for picking up IT systems.
Please ensure you read the details of what we need from you when you submit your CV.
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter that explains:
- What attracts you to the opportunity to start a career with Brown Shipley?
- When you are available to start full time work from
Please note any applications received without a covering letter including this information will be declined automatically.
What you’ll get from us?
As well as a great benefits package, we’re looking to pay someone above average for the apprenticeship and give them a permanent role. You’ll start your journey towards gaining a nationally recognised professional qualification and gain an apprenticeship. There’s a few different routes you can take: Either a Level 2 or Level 3 Financial Services qualification or Business Administration over a 12-24 month period. We’re happy to discuss the options with someone as part of the process to make sure you get the right route for you and the role. Once you’ve completed your initial qualification then we’d be looking to promote you to a Client Administrator, working alongside the Investment/Wealth Managers and their clients. We would also be happy to look at further exams and qualifications for your development and career.
It’s an exciting time to join Brown Shipley as this year we are working towards developing our technology, and streamlining our processes to ensure we continue to provide quality services to our clients.
This position is for an Office Assistant in our Leeds office support Investment and Wealth professionals. This is one of six offices across the UK. Some of the main activities will be:
- Typing, printing, photocopying, filing and archiving accurately and efficiently
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- To answer client and internal phone calls and pass messages on where appropriate
- To meet and greet clients when they arrive at the office and ensure they feel welcomed
- To prepare meeting rooms, tea and coffee and arrange lunches where appropriate
- Other administrative duties
We are looking for an individual who displays enthusiasm, and a desire to learn new things but previous experience is not necessary given that this is an apprenticeship role, and all necessary training will be provided. You must have a professional attitude, and put clients at the heart of what you do at all times. Accuracy is therefore key and you should have great attention to detail, and good time management skills as many of your responsibilities will be time sensitive.
You will be:
- Comfortable and proficient in using Microsoft products
- Eager to support the team and learn new activities
- Professional in your approach to work
- Able to juggle different pieces of work and priorities
- Passionate about clients
What we can offer you:
- 25 days holiday plus option to purchase additional 5 days
- 4x base salary life assurance
- Discretionary bonus
- 6.5% employer contribution pension scheme if you contribute 1.5% (with option to match further)
- 1 day p/a volunteering day
- After probation:
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Healthcare cashplan
- We also have a flexible benefits package where you can purchase benefits such as season ticket loans, cycle to work and critical illness cover.