Digital and Technology Solutions Professional – Software Engineer Degree Apprenticeship (KPMG)
2 days left
- 24 months+
Our people are at the heart of our continued success. Being part of KPMG is being part of a community of talented and innovative people, working together to have a positive, lasting impact on clients. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. Whoever you are, there is a place for you here.
The KPMG Software Engineering Degree Apprenticeship is a five-year apprenticeship programme that combines academic study with practical work experience. The apprenticeship offers you a valuable opportunity to gain professional work experience, study towards a degree and earn a salary – all at the same time. Based in London, you will join either our Financial Services Technology Delivery Centre, or our Solutions and Digital team, while you study for a BSc degree in Digital and Technology Solutions with Queen Mary University of London.
Our Financial Services Technology Delivery Centre provides technology solutions to our clients. You will be a member of an integrated and high-performing team, working with colleagues from across KPMG to develop and deliver this technology, to build and manage large–scale, multi–country, complex, technology–enabled business transformation programmes.
We enable this transformation through the adoption of Cloud based technologies and have strategic relationships with Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM - to name a few. You will be working with a talented mix of product managers, solution/Cloud architects, Cloud engineers, software engineers, test automation engineers & site reliability engineers, to plan, build, deliver and manage products and solutions. Solutions are always client issue led and can vary in size and range, from automated client on-boarding and online banking to predictive analytics.
Our Solutions & Digital teams are at the heart of our technology capability in the UK. As a software engineer, you will work as part of highly dynamic teams to develop innovative new solutions that deliver lasting business benefits for our clients.
Our primary focus is to deliver for our clients, but we also support the internal transformation of KPMG. Our teams design, build and operate flexible technology enabled products for our clients to help them solve some of their most complex business problems and transform their operations. We are a diverse group of over 500 technology professionals based across the UK.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain a breadth of experience, working on a range of challenging projects and as part of a number of teams. In Solutions and Digital, our solutions can vary in terms of complexity and are often large scale and span across multiple countries.
Wherever you work, you’ll have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Responsibilities and tasks
Our Software Engineers design innovative solutions that are always led by challenges our clients seek our help to solve.
Therefore the work you’ll do is incredibly varied – but will include:
• Software development (Python, Java, .NET or ReactJS)
• Software testing (behaviour-driven deployment, test-driven deployment, unit testing)
• Software configuration
• Software deployment
• Agile scrum (a flexible approach to development, where the team work as a unit to reach a common goal)
Your role will also involve:
- Becoming a key part of the team, networking and developing relationships with members of other KPMG teams.
- Developing commercial awareness, communication, project management and teamwork skills.
- Acquiring new technical skills, keeping up to date with technology issues and leading best practice.
- Spending two days per week out of the office to study for your degree (during university term time).
- Embracing new ideas and approaches, seeking out new responsibilities and proactively getting involved with a wide range of work.
- Displaying an understanding of KPMG’s values and demonstrating behaviours that inspire the trust and confidence of team members.