The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- Some understanding of the importance of Health and Safety
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Ability to follow instructions
- Team working
- Work flexibly as part of a team
- Work on own initiative as necessary
- Calm under pressure
- Neat and professional appearance
- Excellent two way communicator
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal skills
GSCE Grade C or above in English & Maths (or equivalent)Future prospects To be discussed at interview with employer.