Customer Care Specialist, Road Logistics Apprentice
Have you ever considered a career in International Logistics? As a Road Logistics Apprentice you can work at the heart of a World Leading Logistics Company. An exciting opportunity for you to experience a fast paced working environment within our core sectors.
- Working week
- Monday to Friday, hours TBC.
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- Weekly wage
- Expected duration
- Possible start date
09 Sep 2019
- Apprenticeship level
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship was created to teach you how to move goods from one place to another, but it is also a sure-fire way to transport yourself into a successful career!
Day to day duties will include:
- Build relationship with customers to ensure that expectations are met during the movement of goods
- Process all import bookings received from overseas partners and efficiently and accurately input them onto the internal computer system
- Process import and export bookings received from customers and branches and coordinate these consignments with our partners
- Ensure a steady flow of information and confirmation regarding imports especially
- Liaise with the transport department to organize collections from the ports and to establish when the cargo is expected back to the RH terminal
- Book in deliveries of all consignments with UK customers, where relevant
- Provide the warehouse and transport departments with a manifest for each consignment giving clear loading and unloading instructions
- Ensure a complete understanding of all Export and Import procedures and RH invoicing procedures and operate accordingly
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A great problem solver
- Has good attention to detail
- A team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially minded
5 GCSE grades including English and maths at Grace C/4, equivalent or above.
After successfully gaining your qualifications and proving yourself to be an effective member of the team, you will be eligible for a bonus and pay rise, and there is also the opportunity to secure a full time role within the International Freight Forwarding department. Your career is in your hands and, with the knowledge you have gained over the course of the apprenticeship, it is up to you to decide which route your career will take within Kuehne + Nagel.
About the employer
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
Training to follow the Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist Apprenticeship Standard.
This apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to experience difference business areas. You will complete a rotational placement encompassing the 3 core sectors of our business, your roles will include: Domestic Supply Chain, Pharmaceuticals, International Logistics.
You will be support by tutor assessors as well as your manager, peers and apprenticeship manager to complete a Level 3 qualification in International Freight Forwarding.
International Freight Forwarding Specialist