Administrator (Warehouse) Apprentice
Have you ever considered a career in International Logistics? As a Warehouse Operative, studying a Business Administration apprenticeship you can work at the heart of a World Leading Logistics Company. An exciting opportunity for you to experience a fast paced working environment within our core sectors.
- Working week
- Monday to Friday, hours TBC.
- Total hours per week: 37.50
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our hugely successful international logistics team as an Apprentice Warehouse Operative. The purpose of the role is to ensure that customer freight is loaded and unloaded in a safe, professional and in a time effective manner.
- Build a relationship with the warehouse supervisors to allow for easy communication about any issues that may arise
- Ensure that every piece of freight which is being loaded or unloaded is scanned correctly to allow freight to be accurately accounted for
- Responsibly operate a counter balance fork lift truck to move, stack and rearrange freight in the warehouse
- Make correct and consistent use of the clocking machine enabling your working times to be accurately recorded
- Ensure that trailer/vans are swept, clean, tidy and in good repair and are well presented for loading and unloading purposes
- Store freight according to the correct racking locations and/or zones in the most effective space saving way possible
- Take responsibility to ensure that the paperwork corresponds with the consignment and report any discrepancies found to the warehouse supervisor immediately
Requirements and prospects
- A team player
- Take pride in the role and the success of the company
- Time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Be Health and Safety aware
- Committed to learn
- Willingness to be taught and developed
5 GCSEs including English and maths at Grade C/4, equivalent or above.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will lead to the potential offer of full time employment and the opportunity to receive company benefits.
About the employer
Kuehne & Nagel Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
Advanced Business Administrator standard.
You will be supported by tutor assessors to complete a Business Administration qualification, whilst being taught on the job by your manager and peers.