Customer Service Apprentice
Have you ever thought about beginning your career in Customer Services? This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in customer service and account management.
- Working week
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 17:00pm
- Total hours per week: 37.50
We’re looking for a customer service apprentice who is passionate about giving excellent service. The opportunities are endless for those that work hard and are eager to learn.
You will work within a very successful sales team and learn everything you need to know to be a support to the entire team whilst being supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne + Nagel.
Your duties will include some of the following:
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that customer expectations are met/exceeded during the movement of goods
- Constant communication with a variety of key clients through post, email and phone
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or account manager is updated
- Process sales and purchase invoices of the branch
Support the account managers helping with day to day duties
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and telephone skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Computer literate and able to adapt to in house systems
- Strong personality
- A willingness to learn
- Supportive of the business and of your peers
Five GCSE's including maths and English at grade 4, equivalent or above.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is the opportunity to secure a full time role within the Team. You will move up to a full time salary and begin receive company benefits, including enrolment on to the pension plan and company discount app.
About the employer
Kuehne & Nagel Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
This is a 14 month apprenticeship during which time you will achieve both a Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard.
You will learn the skills to be successful in these roles through a combination of face to face workshops, 1:1 work with a personal tutor and experience gained from working within your team. There are a total of 12 workshops to attend over the 2 years and these will not only teach you new skills, but also allow you meet up and form friendships with other apprenticeships on your course.
Customer service practitioner