Warehouse Operative Apprentice
How does your phone get packed up and ready for delivery to your door? Through the work of a warehouse operative! This apprenticeship will teach you all you need to know about warehousing and how to be a successful warehouse operative.
- Working week
- Shifts to be confirmed
- Total hours per week: 37.50
This apprenticeship was created to teach you how to manage day to day runnings of a warehouse but it is also a sure-fire way to transport yourself into a successful career!
Daily duties will include:
- Goods Receipt - Report and document any shipments which have been damaged or appear to have been tampered with during transportation
- Storage & Record Keeping – Ensure products are located in strict accordance with the stated segregation or temperature range requirements. Ensure all records are accurate and maintained in a timely manner
- Packing - To ensure products are over-packed in strict accordance with the governing SOPs and, or, the suppliers’ recommended configurations
- Goods Despatch – To ensure the correct shipments are located, picked, and despatched
You will be taught to do all of the above by your manager and team.
Requirements and prospects
- Methodical in approach
- Be a strong team player
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Good operational skills for goods receipt/storage/despatch
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Five GCSEs including English and maths Grade 4 or above.
After successfully gaining your qualifications and proving yourself to be an effective member of the team. Your career is in your hands and, with the knowledge you have gained over the course of the apprenticeship, it is up to you to decide which route your career will take within Kuehne + Nagel.
About the employer
Kuehne & Nagel Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
Intermediate level Supply chain warehouse operative standard.
You will be taught and supported to learn all there is to know about warehousing by your manager, your team and the apprenticeship team at Kuehne + Nagel. In addition to on-the-job training, you will also learn the skills to be successful through face to face workshops and 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month. There are a total of 7 workshop days over the 14 months programme and these will not only teach you new skills, but also allow you meet up and form friendships with other apprentices on your course.
Supply chain warehouse operative