Customer Care Specialist, Airfreight Apprentice
How does cargo move from one place to the other? The answer is through the work of an International Freight Forwarder! As a Customer Care Specialist Apprentice, you will earn as you learn, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards both a Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Apprenticeship and an Intermediate BTEC Award.
- Working week
- Monday - Friday 08.30-17.00
- Total hours per week: 37.50
This apprenticeship was created to teach you how to move goods from one place to another, but it is also a sure-fire way to transport yourself into a successful career!
Day to day you may be responsible for a variety of airfreight tasks such as:
- Build close, strong relationships with all our customers, KN offices, overseas agents and service providers.
- Manage and be responsible for your own operational accounts.
- Actively plan and co-ordinate your working day taking ownership of the business you manage.
- Assist and advise customers of arrival, clearances and deliveries of their goods.
- Be pro-active in your response to service issues.
- Maximise profits for the department by obtaining optimal buying rates and keeping operational errors to a minimum.
You will be taught to do all of the above by your manager and team. This role will give you the opportunity to build relationships with customers as well as learn the airfreight industry. You will spend 6 months in three different areas of the business to ensure you gain a full understanding of the airfreight divisions and help you decide where your preferences lie.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on you own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercially minded
- Positive attitude
- Be driven to achieve personal success
- Willingness to learn
- Drive to become a successful staff member of Kuehne-Nagel
5 GCSE's including English and maths at Grade 4 or above.
After successfully gaining your qualifications and proving yourself to be an effective member of the team, you will be eligible for a bonus and pay rise, and there is also the opportunity to secure a full time role within the International Freight Forwarding department. Your career is in your hands and, with the knowledge you have gained over the course of the apprenticeship, it is up to you to decide which route your career will take within Kuehne + Nagel.
About the employer
Kuehne & Nagel Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
International Freight Forwarding Specialist level 3
Functional skills if required
You will be taught and supported to learn all there is to know about Airfreight by your manager, your team and the apprenticeship team at Kuehne + Nagel. In addition to on-the-job training, you will also learn the skills to be successful through face to face workshops and 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month. There are a total of 7 workshop days over the 18 months programme and these will not only teach you new skills, but also allow you meet up and form friendships with other apprentices on your course.
International Freight Forwarding Specialist