Customer Care Specialist, Overland Apprentice
Have you ever considered a career in International Logistics? As a Road Logistics Apprentice you can work at the heart of a World Leading Logistics Company. An exciting opportunity for you to experience a fast paced working environment within our core sectors.
- Working week
- Monday to Friday, 08:30am - 17:00pm.
- Total hours per week: 37.50
This apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to experience difference business areas. You will complete a rotational placement encompassing the 3 core sectors of our business, your roles will include:
- Domestic Supply Chain: Controlling and overseeing deliveries and collections across the UK for customers such as the MOD
- Pharmaceuticals: Organising the movement of temperature controlled goods across Europe, using legislation for customers such as Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK)
- International Logistics: Ownership and planning of international trailers whilst building relationships with overseas partners and colleagues
Some of your daily duties will include:
- Building relationships with the key account Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Hi-Tec customers and Kuehne + Nagel Pharma network
- To ensure customer communication is precise and processed in a timely manner
- Provide new quotations and follow up on existing quotations
- Ensure compliant service providers are utilised
- Ensure service provision is as per customer request
Whilst working in these areas you will receive:
- Competitive Salary + Holiday Entitlement
- Recognised qualification
- International Opportunities
- Discounts on many top brands including Nike, Adidas and Apple.
- Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan Access
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and polite telephone manner and good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Efficient Microsoft Office Skills
- A team player
- Good communicator
5 GCSEs including English and maths at grade 4 or above.
After successfully gaining your qualifications and proving yourself to be an effective member of the team, you will be eligible for a bonus and pay rise, and there is also the opportunity to secure a full time role within one of the three departments you will have experienced. Your career is in your hands and, with the knowledge you have gained over the course of the apprenticeship, it is up to you to decide which route your career will take within Kuehne + Nagel.
About the employer
Kuehne & Nagel Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
Advanced level International Freight Forwarding Specialist standard.
During the apprenticeship you will be taught everything you need to know about road logistics by your manager, your team and the apprenticeship team at Kuehne + Nagel. In addition to on-the-job training, you will also learn the skills to be successful through face to face workshops and 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month. There are a total of 7 workshop days over the 18 months programme and these will not only teach you new skills, but also allow you meet up and form friendships with other apprentices on your course.
International Freight Forwarding Specialist