National Seafreight Pricing Apprentice
How does your smart phone get to the UK? The answer is through the work of an International Freight Forwarder! As a Customer Care Specialist Apprentice you will earn as you learn, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards both a Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Apprenticeship and an Intermediate BTEC Award.
- Working week
- Monday to Friday, 08:30am - 17:00pm.
- Total hours per week: 37.50
This apprenticeship was created to teach you how to transport goods from one place to another but it is also a sure-fire way to transport yourself into a successful career!
Day to day you may be responsible for a variety of tasks such as:
- Generate seafreight quotations to support regular and/or spot pricing enquiries from the National
- Sales Functions, Route teams or KN Overseas Offices. Complete rate sheets, tenders and rate Matrix as requested
- To liaise closely with trade management/product to ensure you are delivering the correct sales position in line with market conditions (MSR)
- Record sales function follow up of quotations as needed and communicate the positive or negative feedback in respect of being able to source the competitive rates to support the closure of all business opportunities
- Use the quote feedback to quote more efficiently for future opportunities
- Liaise with sea freight management for pricing guidance
You will be taught to do all of the above by your manager and team. This role will give you the opportunity to build relationships with customers as well as learn the shipping industry.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent influencing skills to achieve results
- Ability to work on own initiative and to deliver agreed actions on time
- High degree of administrative skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills
Five GCSEs including English and maths at grade 4, equivalent or above.
After successfully gaining your qualifications and proving yourself to be an effective member of the team, you will be eligible for a bonus and pay rise, and there is also the opportunity to secure a full time role within the International Freight Forwarding department. Your career is in your hands and, with the knowledge you have gained over the course of the apprenticeship, it is up to you to decide which route your career will take within Kuehne + Nagel.
About the employer
Kuehne & Nagel Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities. We provide logistics services to virtually all key industry sectors including: Aerospace Automotive FMCG High Tech Industrials Oil & Gas Logistics Pharma & Healthcare Retail.
Training to be provided
Advanced level International Freight Forwarding Specialist standard.
You will be taught and supported to learn all there is to know about Seafreight by your manager, your team and the apprenticeship team at Kuehne + Nagel. In addition to on-the-job training, you will also learn the skills to be successful through face to face workshops and 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month. There are a total of 7 workshop days over the 18 months programme and these will not only teach you new skills, but also allow you meet up and form friendships with other apprentices on your course.
International Freight Forwarding Specialist