Software Engineer Apprentice - 12659
Annual wage £15,000.00
Working week Monday - Friday, hours will be confirmed with the employer Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 24 months Possible start date 02 Dec 2017 Date posted 23 Aug 2017 Distance 57.4 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001301352 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Clear enthusiasm and interest in software engineering.
- Experience of dealing with customers.
- Basic understanding of object orientated programming principles.
- Confident communicator.
- Team player.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proactive 'can do' attitude.
- Enjoys a challenge, is open and honest.
- You will need to be very client focussed and feel comfortable in understanding and acting on customer needs.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Work experience with an IT or software company.
- Knowledge of UML modelling and design patterns.
- Web development skills (C#, AJAX, ASP, JS, CSS).
- Database development and SQL and Experience of testing software or systems.
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
A-Level qualifications (or equivalent) including computing or mathematics based subjects.Future prospects Potential full time role after the apprenticeship is completed. Things to consider Important information: QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.