IT Field Engineer Apprentice
Annual wage £20,000.00 - £25,000.00
Working week Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 2 years Possible start date 09 Oct 2017 Date posted 24 Aug 2017 Distance 46.2 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001301518 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of self-motivation
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency in English; both spoken and written
- Preferred knowledge - Windows Server 2008, 2012; Networking, Active Directory, Apple/MAC, devices, Citrix
- Excellent knowledge of desktop operating systems (XP, Vista and Windows 7,8 & 10), MAC OS and Microsoft Office
- Experience of the installation and configuration of peripheral devices; e.g. Network Printers, ADSL Routers, and LAN Switches
- Data Centre Experience recommended
- CCNA would be beneficial
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Demonstrate a confident, proactive approach which drives development for the company's clients including rationalising improvement opportunities.
- Thorough, pays attention to detail.
- Versatile, adaptable, able to handle changes to objectives, scope and area of responsibility.
- Able to work well under pressure and independently.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a 1st Line, client facing support role
- You must have a valid UK driving licence
5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English. A IT graduate with a minimum 2:2 degree will be desirable not essential.Future prospects Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career. AFTER THE APPRENTICESHIP Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 young people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.