KP Snacks teesside
KP Snacks Teesside is home to McCoys, PomBear, and many other great brands. We have a great opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated apprentice to come and work alongside our Technical team at KP Snacks Teesside whilst studying for a Food Industry Technical Professional Degree part time at Teesside University. At the end of your studies (5 years) you will have a BSc in Food Science and Technology whilst having also gained invaluable practical experience.
Apprenticeship Scope: You will carry out your degree part time over 5 years studying modules such as Food Science and Nutrition, Food Manufacturing and Processing, Food Product Development, Food Legislation/Regulation and Food Chain and Sustainability (amongst many more!).
The role: As key member of the site Technical team, you will be working closely with the Technical team and key personnel from other departments.
Some of the things you’ll put into practice as a Technical Apprentice:
· Develop knowledge of our manufacturing sites, processes and products
· Goods in analysis and approval of raw materials
· Support the Quality Management System
· Preparation, issue and filing of technical documentation
· Assist the launch of new products, ensuring that products are compliant with HACCP and Specifications
· Support the lab team with analytical tests (salt/sugar content and oil quality)
· Training colleagues in quality procedures and methods
· Support allergen management in the factory
· Food Regulations – develop knowledge on relevant health and nutritional policy (Fats, sugar, salt)
· Work effectively with the broader site teams during customer or 3rd party visits or audits whilst supporting the Technical department
· Support site sensory activities including end of life and benchmark reviews of online evaluation and daily offline evaluation
The skills you will need to be successful:
· Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
· Honest and responsible
· Ability to work in a team as well as independently
· Ability to analyse and scrutinise information
· Ability to work well under pressure and react to changing situations
· Must be willing to travel (day release based at Teesside University). Potential to have periods of work experience at any one of the sites within the group and visits to suppliers. Home site will remain Teesside.
· Must be flexible around working hours – during product trials you may be required to start at 06:00 am or work nights
· Ideally you will hold a valid driver’s licence
· 3 A levels or relevant industry experience including a Science or Food Technology, minimum of level 2 English and Maths
· Applicants without A-levels will have their qualifications assessed for subject compatibility
The award-winning culture at KP snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Be a part of it!