Data and Insight Apprentice
Data and Insight Apprentice
Salary - £15,207 - £16,207 per annum
Contract status - Fixed-term for 2 years
Hours - Full-time, 36 hours per week (20% study time)
Apprenticeship framework/standard - Level 4 Data Analyst
About our apprenticeship scheme
We are looking for a hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic person to join our apprenticeship scheme. Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age and not in full-time education), we are welcoming applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we can give you the opportunity to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
About the role
We have a new and exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our Data and Insight Team. The team's function is to make better use of research, data and intelligence to deliver evidenced-based decision-making in Sutton.
The successful candidate will assist Analysts on a range of data analysis and intelligence areas. The role is for a two-year fixed term contract aimed at people of all ages, who have the enthusiasm and energy, are motivated to learn quickly and progress or change their career.
In this role you will be trained in a wide variety of work including analysing data, identifying trends and causes, extracting data from a variety of programmes and using different tools to report on and present data.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, good IT skills (particularly in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets), good attention to detail, enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn. You must also be fully committed to undertaking the training and study required to successfully complete your apprenticeship.
Please note, in order to qualify for apprenticeship funding and therefore be eligible for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a GCSE level C/equivalent in Maths and English and be able to present original qualification certificates - if you do not hold these qualifications/certificates you must be committed to complete these via functional skills assessments as part of the apprenticeship.
- Only apply for an apprenticeship unrelated to any qualifications they hold at the same or higher level than the apprenticeship they wish to apply for. The apprenticeship being applied for must be unrelated in subject and content from the qualification already held.
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship.
- Have the right to work and study in England and be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right to abode in the UK and have been resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of your apprenticeship.
- A non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Our apprenticeships are offered on a minimum contract duration of 12 months (some are longer depending on the level of apprenticeship you undertake), offer 23 days paid annual leave, access to our online staff benefits portal (including discounts at local and national shops, restaurants and attractions), and a minimum starting salary of:
- £9951 per annum for level 2 apprenticeships (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes)
- £12,579 per annum for level 3 apprenticeships (equivalent to 2 A Level passes)
- £15,207 per annum for level 4 apprenticeships (equivalent to a HNC/Foundation Degree)
We are extremely proud of our apprenticeship scheme and the achievements of our apprentices, many of whom have secured permanent employment with the Council and continue to excel in their careers.
In addition there are further discounts available to apprentices and more information can be found at the Apprentice Extra website and Apprenticeship Connect website.
There has never been a better time to undertake an apprenticeship! To register your interest please apply online by submitting your current CV and a short supporting statement outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role and our apprenticeship scheme.
Please ensure you refer to how you meet the requirements as outlined in the job profile when completing your supporting statement.
Job profile - please click here to view/download.
More information about apprenticeships can be found on the National Apprenticeship website.
Closing date for applications - 28th July 2019
Interview date - 13th August 2019
Sutton Council is a Disability Confident Employer.