This is an exciting opportunity to work for a long-established local company with good opportunities for progression in bright and modern offices based in Hertford. They are one of the leading companies in its field, servicing an impressive list of major corporations. Their portfolio of services is wide-ranging. They select and market skilled personnel, undertake fixed price project work, provide specialist fuel tank leak detection and repair to aircraft organisations and provide training to companies in the aviation, rail, defence, and associated general engineering industries.
They are looking for an apprentice recruiter to support the specified recruitment team on the rail side of the business. You will be working with the lead recruiter for the installation team and ensuring the speedy and accurate resourcing of requirements as directed.
This apprenticeship will suit those with minimal to no recruitment experience, recent school/college leavers or individuals looking for a change of employment. There will be an opportunity to move on to a full-time position within the company upon successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Duties to include
- Liaise with Lead Recruiter on all issues, ensure problems or potential problems are highlighted
- Resourcing of the labour requirements in a timely and efficient way according to section 4 of the CMS
- Liaise and support clients as required, customer service calls, up sell and sales calls weekly
- Complete staff cards (contracts) and memos on a weekly basis Interface with the Training and Compliance department for queries, new starters, PPE and paperwork (C of C’s)
- Interface with Payroll and Credit Control departments for timesheet queries and new client checks
- Ensure all spreadsheets are maintained and available including KPI, Ongoing Workers and Weekend Workers Advertising of new roles – Facebook, MPI Website, Reed, Twitter, Railwaypeople.com and Linked In
- Maintain the central database with up to date information on candidates
- Determine those that require courses or re-certification as per lists generated
- Site visits to projects as required (ideally one per team per month), update site visit plan
- Ensure filing is kept up to date
- Ensure CV coding is kept up to date Attend the monthly rail meeting as requested
- Cover Professional & Technical side of recruitment as required, including facilitating client introductions and searching of CV’s on job boards and MPI database.
- Allocate contractors finishing roles to new requests accordingly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong telephone manner and presentation skills
- Confident and assertive personality
- Open and approachable manner
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Must be highly organised with sound administration skills
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Bright, confident and enthusiastic
- Self -motivated and highly driven
- Good organisational skills
5 GCSEs A-C or Equivalent including English and maths
Your passion and skill for recruitment and sales will not go unrewarded as my client is offering a competitive apprenticeship salary and the possibility of a full-time vacancy for the right candidate upon completion of your apprenticeship