Apprenticeship - Junior Energy Manager
This is a unique opportunity to work within our Energy & Resources Team. You will combine work-based training along with achieving an Advanced (Level 3) Junior Energy Manager apprenticeship qualification.
You will gain knowledge and skills in Energy Management and learn how to drive improvement for staff and residents.
The Energy & Resources Team provide a number of services related to utility supply contracts, including financial billing, renewable energy income reconciliation etc. The team also develop and procure energy efficiency programmes across the BCC estate, such as Solar PV and Biomass boiler installations, lighting upgrades, building fabric insulation, pipework insulation and IT energy efficiency improvements.
About the Role:
- Plan and organise work to support the delivery of the Energy Team.
- Undertake the Junior Energy Apprenticeship over an 18 month period, as per delivery model.
- Keep up to date with current issues, developments and good practice and legislation changes in work area.
- Provide advice and support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders. Respond to and investigate enquiries and complaints.
- When appropriate undertake external visits to support service delivery and support Energy & Resources Officers in their tasks.
- Carry out all duties with an awareness and understanding of the Safeguarding requirements, with reasonable care for the health and safety of ourselves and others and report any potential hazards or unsafe practices to the line manager.
- Actively contribute to ensure all financial transactions are processed and reconciled correctly.
- Able to organise own work and achieve deadlines
- Understanding of general sustainability/energy agendas both global and local
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Good IT skills and the ability to use databases
- Confident using the telephone
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Able to use initiative and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Good standard of written work with accurate spelling and grammar
- Comfortable working as part of a team and playing an active role
- Able to get on well with a range of people
- Real ambition to develop your skills and experience
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking
- Willingness to learn and to undertake a range of different tasks as required
Qualified to at least Level 1 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - C/9-4 or equivalent), or Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Qualification.
- Location: Aylesbury
- Weekly wage:
£166.50/ week (£8,658.00 p.a) in the first year
You are also eligible to: join our Pension scheme; get 50% off of Arriva bus travel, 34% off of Chiltern Railways services; receive a range of discounts through our Employee Benefits scheme.
- Reality Check:
This is a full time position working a 37 hour week Monday to Friday.
Our apprenticeship roles are on a fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship. Level 3 is usually for about 18 months.
This role is a great starting place for someone interested in a career in the field of energy, giving you understanding and experience of energy management, which could lead to jobs in the field of sustainability.