Digital Marketing Degree Apprentice
The University of Chichester is a friendly and welcoming University based in West Sussex on two beautiful campuses in Chichester and Bognor Regis on the south coast of England. We have a great reputation for providing students and staff alike with the opportunity to achieve excellence within a stimulating and supportive environment. We strive to nurture and facilitate a working environment where all colleagues are equally valued, truly supported and duly recognised for their contribution.
We have an exciting opportunity for two apprentices to join the University of Chichester's Marketing team, whilst studying for a BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing degree. The degree will provide a critical appreciation of the elements of which digital marketing strategies cover, including web site development, analytics, social media marketing and digital campaign planning. You’ll study for your degree part-time, 1 day a week over 4 years, whilst putting your new skills into practice working within our Marketing team. The University will sponsor the full cost of your degree meaning you can graduate debt-free whilst gaining valuable experience working in a vibrant and forward-thinking Marketing team.
You will work either within Marketing Campaigns or Website/Digital to produce engaging content for prospective students and stakeholders in a variety of digital channels tools, including social media, the University website/web course pages and third-party websites, ensuring that the effectiveness of campaigns is evaluated. You will help to oversee the implementation of LiveChat on the homepage and support the wider team at University events and Open Days.
We don’t expect you to be the finished article, but we do ask that you are passionate about digital marketing, enthusiastic, creative and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. In return, as well as the payment for your degree, you will receive support and guidance from Marketing professionals, access to a wide portfolio of development opportunities, discounted gym membership, Local Government Pension Scheme and 25 days annual leave (as well as University closure days between Christmas and New Year).
The Digital Marketer Apprenticeship is delivered one day a week over four years, starting in September 2019. This Degree Apprenticeship will provide a critical appreciation of the elements which digital marketing strategies cover, including web site development, analytics, social media marketing and digital campaign planning. Outside of this learning, you will assist the Digital and wider Marketing Campaigns team, in particular you will:
- Produce engaging content and material for digital channels, including the University website and social media channels
- Ensure video content is produced for appropriate audiences via students and external companies
- Support the Marketing Campaigns Manager and Marketing Campaigns Officers on web course page developments
- Update third party website profiles (e.g. Whatuni, Complete University Guide)
- Work with the Marketing Campaigns Manager and Marketing Campaigns Officers to create email copy for third party sites and assist the team in liaising with external agencies.
- Work with the Marketing Team to oversee the implementation of LiveChat on the homepage
- Support the production of digital adverts e.g. using software to make GIFs/resize photos
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of campaigns
- Collate student profiles/blogs/vlogs across all departments
- Communicate with prospective students in online forums
- Keep up to date with trends, reviewing the benefits of the University using new technologies and social media channels to deliver effective campaigns.
- Review, develop and enhance social media engagement
- Assist with promotion of University recruitment events such as Open Days and department events
- Support the wider Marketing team by organising and working large scale events across some weekends. Some evening work may also be required
Please find more information including a person specification on our website. All applications will go through the University of Chichester's recruitment portal.