L3 Credit Control Apprentice
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard (the Group) – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the Group’s leading premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK, with 370 employees based in the UK. We are a convivial, passionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic company. Premium is the heartland of our business and with one of the finest collections of drinks brands in the world we have earned the reputation for our unrivalled offering in premium spirits and wines – brands that embody heritage, quality and provenance. Our key brands include ABSOLUT vodka, Beefeater, Plymouth and Malfy Gins, Chivas Regal Scotch whisky, Havana Club rum, Jameson Irish whiskey, Malibu rum, Martell cognac, The Glenlivet Scotch whisky, Perrier-Jouët champagne and our premium wine brands Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Jacob’s Creek.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen either to begin a career in Credit Control, Debt Collection or to take their first step into a Finance role within an FMCG organisation. Cash-flow is essential for all businesses, whether they provide services to consumers or to other businesses. Credit controllers operating at the best level possible gives businesses the cash they need to grow. The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Advanced Credit Control/Specialist Collections is ideal for anyone working in credit control, with or without previous experience.
The successful candidate will provide administration support to the Credit Control team while completing an Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship Advanced credit controller / debt collection specialist and will study for the London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF) Level 3 Certificate in Consumer Debt Collection via a blended learning approach of workshops in Central London, online learning and work – based assignments.
- Allocate cash receipts daily to the AR ledger
- Follow up with customers whose orders are held due to credit limit issues
- Manage debt collection of non-grocery accounts by follow up with customers by reminder letters and phone calls
- Update cash forecasts and other key cash tracking & reporting spreadsheets, and log pricing queries
- Reconcile remittances to ledger account balances and match amounts deducted (debit notes) to purchase ledger accounts or credit notes/invoices of Customer Services
- Produce monthly customer account statement run
- Re-print invoices and statements to send to customers (when requested)
- Management of employee staff accounts allowances - Management of cloaked sales invoices
- Ensure process documentation in place for all processes
- Ad hoc support and cover to Credit Control Manager and Pricing and Credit Control Analyst