Customer Service Apprentice
IT Fleet Automotive has a dynamic approach to business so we can ensure our clients are our main priority. We offer an exceptional client experience, with staff that are committed to delivering an excellent customer service, a support network to ensure our staff receives the continual support and training required to give a consistent high level of customer service.
The Customer Service Apprentice role assists the Customer Service Manager in delivering customer service excellence to our clients and communicate any situation to ensure solutions are delivered in order to retain customers. It is also to provide guidance and support to the Customer Service team to ensure that operational processes and recognised customer service ‘best practice’ are being adhered to.
This is a fast paced role which requires the ability to communicate in a professional and appropriate manner with internal and external customers.
- Ensure all customer queries and enquiries are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner, delivering the highest quality of customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Ensure customers are kept informed of any delays or developments as soon as possible.
- Load customer bookings on to the FleetPlus system, paying attention to detail to ensure all information is input accurately and in full.
- Ensure all data on FleetPlus is kept up to date.
- Create daily transport/performance reports to share with business and that these are completed and distributed within the given deadlines.
- Load customer bookings via email notifications.
- Liaise with Transport Allocations team in relation to movements/bookings/queries and any operational issues.
- Communicate directly with drivers where necessary to gain information regarding jobs.
- Assist with customer pre-calls.
- Assist in updating customer portals.
- Contribute to the achievement of customer transport key performance indicators.
- Liaise with sales for any operational assistance for current or prospective customers.
- Check forthcoming work for errors or anomalies.
- Forward customer leasing paperwork in a timely manner.
- Confirm/reject customer bookings where necessary.
- Act as the conduit between the Transport team and the customer.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate!
About the employer
IT Fleet Automotive is built on experience gained through managing the used car programmes of several major manufacturers. The IT Fleet Automotive management team has over 120 years of combined industry experience covering transport, vehicle refurbishment, fleet management and auction sales. Through organic growth and acquisition, the company has become one of the UK's leading automotive service providers. Our industry leading refurbishment and storage facilities are complemented by a powerful set of web-based systems that give our clients an unparalleled level of information and service.
Notley Enterprise Park Unit 1
- Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5.00 pm
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Competent ability in Microsoft programs
- Confident and approachable
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer orientated
- It would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold GCSE, or equivalents, grades (A*-C) / (9-4) in English and Maths
- However, if these have not been achieved, Key Training will provide support and upskill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company for the right candidate
Things to consider
Due to location of the IT Fleet office, it would be desired that the successful candidate will have their own transport to ensure they can commute on a daily basis.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Customer Service
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
- Full in house training for the job role
This Apprenticeship programme will be delivered and completed in the workplace, meaning there is no required day release to college. Upon starting this Apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will be allocated a training consultant who will visit them in the workplace.
The apprentice will have regular contact from their training consultant and will be allocated time within their working hours to complete the work that is set for them as part of the Apprenticeship programme.
Customer service practitioner