Business administrator Trainee
- To undertake general administrative tasks to support the Facilities business and deliver organised and efficient services.
- To arrange and provide minute-taking support at various operational meetings.
- To support general clerical and administration tasks for the business as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system via shared drive.
- General clerical duties such as printing, copying and document binding.
- Producing presentations, reports and plans.
- Provide administration support for CAFM system including PPM and reactive task updates and
- Manage tasks, requests and communications via helpdesk inbox.
- Provide support as needed to central contract administration function.
- Liaise with customers in all respects of facility functions giving support and advice as required.
Health & Safety
- All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health ; Safety Policy.
- Operational and head office staff
- Finance department
- HR and commercial departments
- To work coherently with other members of the team
- Key client contacts
- External service providers
- General communications / sales calls
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- High level communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to motivate and promote teamwork
- Knowledge of computerised systems, procedures and database
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
The core support team competency framework for the position are:
- Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through
- personal commitment. Planning, Organising
- Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales and flexible.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Provide cover – understands the importance for covering colleagues for holiday and sickness as required.
- Risk Management – is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstances and requirements.
- Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high standard of work.
- Self Motivation and Development– is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop and remain calm in emergency situations.
- Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction and exceed expectation.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.