Finance Apprentice with DAC Beachcroft
DAC Beachcroft are looking for 3 eager Finance Apprentices to join their finance department.
During your time at DAC Beachcroft you will sit with different teams in 6 month rotations. While in each team you will get an understanding of what that team does, why it does it, how it impacts the accounts that are produced and how it links with other teams within the finance department.
You will also get to shadow the teams that you do not work in, so that you can develop your understanding on how the accounting principles you learn in your AAT course are applied in a working environment.
There will also be a lot of opportunities during this apprenticeship to develop your personal skills via development courses that are run by the learning and development team within DAC Beachcroft. This will cover areas such as communication, team working, dealing with conflict and insights into where your strengths lie.
The teams that you will rotate in to are:
You will be part of a team of 4 during this role and will be responsible for helping to make sure money coming into the business is allocated efficiently. You will form close working relationships with both Revenue and Credit Control to help resolve queries and allocate incoming money to the correct files.
Key Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Checking & marking up cheques received from our England & Wales Offices, then distributing them to the client cash and sales ledger teams for processing.
• Cheques Role: scan the cheques and fill in the cheque books (which are taken to the bank by office services),
• Cheques Role (continued): Process the cheques into office account (sales ledger only) using Rimilia Alloc8 and import payment data from Alloc8 to Elite
• Running a daily report to capture any office to client transfers that are required as a result of paying in office account cheques, then processing them.
• Client to office transfers (file only bills or requests into inboxes)
• Credit note allocations to invoices
• Daily maintenance of our Remittances inbox, ensuring the remittances are uploaded to the "cloud" and imported into our Rimilia Checkm8 system to aid the team with processing BACS payments.
• Filing of lever arch files into boxes (to be collected by office services for storage)
You will be working as part of a team of 13 and will be making sure that all payments out of the business are done correctly, in a timely manner and meet all regulations that apply. A typical day will involve logging incoming invoices, dealing with payment runs and answering queries from suppliers or staff re expenses. There will also be a close working relationship with Revenue to make sure all invoices are logged onto the system where it needs to be billed to the client.
• Printing of incoming mail from shared mailbox and distribution of the same.
• Collection of daily mail from postroom.
• Logging of vouchers onto Elite.
• Processing of daily payment runs
• Checking of and pulling vouchers for payment of daily bills paid reports.
• Daily Office cheque production
You will be working as part of a busy team of 18 and be playing a key part in achieving the firms billing targets. A typical day will involve anything from liaising with partners and fee earners to resolve billing queries, updating and amending file data to ensure correct billing, validating time that fee earners have recorded daily and processing proformas.
Key Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Responsibility for the billing of specific Clusters/Clients
• Liaising and building excellent working relationships with all levels of employees across the practice areas
• Understanding the billing and data requirements of the cluster to ensure effective and accurate billing
• Meeting SLA targets for billing and query resolution
• Checking correct details are present on all proformas and resolving queries where information is missing
• Processing high volumes of invoices using various electronic billing systems in compliance with client billing protocols
• Preparing excel bordereau bill schedules with accompanying bill documents
• Updating matter data of the finance system following requests from the business to ensure smooth billing
• Processing of credit notes and reversals
• Investigating errors on billing guides to ensure overall compliance with client billing protocols, VAT charges and billing templates
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols