Apprentice Prescriptions Clerk
As an Apprentice Prescriptions Clerk, you will act as a focal point of communication between the GPs, patients and local chemists, as well as other members of the primary health care team, to ensure patients’ prescriptions are dealt with in a timely manner and produced within the current protocols of the surgery.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- To work in accordance with written protocols
- Processing of prescriptions
- Time management and prioritising workload
- Liaising with the health authority
- Process repeat prescription requests in accordance with practice guidelines
- Have working knowledge of the telephone system
- Take calls from both patients and work colleagues or third parties and deal with their enquiry in a friendly, polite and professional manner
- Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the General Manager/ Prescription Team Leader, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, be sure to apply now!
About the employer
Lakeside Healthcare is a new type of NHS general practice which builds upon and celebrates all that is great about traditional primary care services. We are local surgeries run by doctors, nurses and associated staff who know their patients and care deeply about the quality of health provided in their communities. We build upon this by investing in people, facilities and equipment to provide services that are more accessible, more convenient and more diverse within the local community. We work for our patients.
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch
Total hours per week: 37.50
- Good attention to detail
- IT Literate-proficient in Microsoft Packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Adaptable and can work independently
- GCSE A-C/9-4 Grades in maths and English (or the equivalent) are strongly desired however not essential
- If you do not have GCSE Grades A-C/9-4 Key Training will support you by providing functional skill support in Maths and English
Potential full time position available upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme if the apprentice continues to impress during the programme.
Things to consider
Initially, the successful apprentice will work within the prescription team and then progress onto learning within the administration team. Full support and training will be given in this role.
Training to be provided
Level 2 in Business Administration
Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
Business and Administration