Lakeside Surgery are looking to take on 2 motivated Apprentices to join their busy administration team within their vibrant practice.
As a paperless office, there is the utmost importance to scan all correspondence onto electronic patient’s medical record, using the SystmOne database. You will be undertaking a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice including opening of the post, basic clinical coding, scanning and filing. You will also facilitate effective communication between all staff members, patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated parties.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- To work in accordance with written protocols
- Opening post and distributing accordingly
- Scanning and basic coding of documents as requested
- Time management and prioritising workload
- Coding of sensitive and confidential information onto the GP database
- Contacting patients using the practices recall system to come in to see a clinician
- Sending out letters to patients
- Taking calls from work colleagues or third parties and deal with their enquiry in a friendly, polite and professional manner
- Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Operations Manager/Hub Manager/ Administration Team Leader, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, be sure to apply now!
About the employer
Lakeside Healthcare is a new type of NHS general practice which builds upon and celebrates all that is great about traditional primary care services. We are local surgeries run by doctors, nurses and associated staff who know their patients and care deeply about the quality of health provided in their communities. We build upon this by investing in people, facilities and equipment to provide services that are more accessible, more convenient and more diverse within the local community. We work for our patients.
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch
Total hours per week: 37.50
- Good attention to detail
- IT Literate-proficient in Microsoft Packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Adaptable and can work independently
- GCSE A-C/9-4 Grades in Maths and English (or the equivalent) are strongly desired however not essential
- If you do not have GCSE Grades A-C/9-4 Key Training will support you by providing functional skill support in Maths and English
Potential full time position available upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme if the apprentice continues to impress during the programme.
Training to be provided
Level 2 in Business Administration
Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Business and Administration