Apprentice - Business Administration
Job Title: Apprentice – Business Administration Support, Security Team
Req ID: 138873BR
Summary of Role
Here at Raytheon UK we are looking for an Apprentice to join our Security function whilst studying towards a Business Administration qualification. Our Security team are a crucial function within Raytheon UK and have a number of imperative responsibilities, one of the most important being the processing and maintenance of our employee security clearances so that employees have access to specific rooms or buildings and Secret and/or Top Secret information. This role will provide administrative support to this element of our Security team and the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through mentoring and on-the-job training within a hi-tech business environment.
- Provides support in preparation and administration of security clearances
- Maintenance of electronic database for security clearances
- Provide support with site access requests
- Administration of visitor security pass issue and receipt
- Confirmation of employee security clearance details to external parties
- Maintenance of electronic records
- General office administrative support
- Seeking individuals looking for a trainee / development position
- Good general office skills including MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communications
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Good time keeping skills
- A willingness to learn
- Business studies qualifications
- Relevant experience within a corporate security team
- An interest in corporate security
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites. Manchester and Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.