DEPARTMENT: HR & Payroll Department
REPORTING TO: Group Payroll Manager
JOB FUNCTION: As part of this role you will be enrolled onto a Payroll Apprenticeship which will provide you with the skills, behaviors & knowledge to enable you to support the department in the provision of an efficient & effective Payroll Service.
To assist in the delivery of an In house Payroll service using the Payroll & HR software and to include but not limited to:
- Processing of all payroll documents to include Starters, Leavers, Change of Terms, Time sheets, Claims & Adhoc data.
- Process of Maternity, Sickness, Shared Parental Leave, Paternity Leave & other Absences in line with Company Policy.
- Preparation of payslips, P45's, P60's, P11D's.
- Assist with the company monthly RTI submissions & Year End returns including P11D.
- Assist with monthly reporting requirements for Payroll, HR & Finance.
- Assist with the pension submissions & auto enrollment.
- Timely & efficient conclusion to all Payroll queries.
- Adhoc projects as required i.e; to assist in research and reviews in payroll/system processes.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
Accuracy of Input/Output
Ability to meet all payroll processing and HMRC reporting deadlines.
Deliverance of service.
Friendly, professional customer service approach.
Level 2 English & Maths, equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C as required by the Apprenticeship.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
High level of attention to detail.
Excellent computer skills, with a good knowledge of Excel.
Good numeracy and numerical problem solving skills.
Ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
Able to work within a team as well as on own initiative.
Able to manage highly sensitive confidential employee information.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk vulnerable groups that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.